Bone Health
 Bone Health > Question and Answer > Pain and Symptoms > Chiropractors > Amnesia.
9/26 8:38:58

Dear Dr Brian

What are the Treatments available for Amnesia ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Brian McKay,chiropractor,low back pain,Stamford CT, Darien Ct,Norwalk CT
Brian McKay,chiropract  
Prashant- I am a chiropractor and I do not treat amnesia. If this was me or a loved one here is what I would do. I would see my primary care physician first. Try and recall if you fell hitting you head or if you had an accident. I am not trying to be a wise guy with that answer if you have amnesia how can you recall if you fell. But I am serious about this.
 What the physician should be looking for is why are you having amnesia. Your electrolytes could be off but this is lower down the list of most likely reasons. After a complete review if he cannot determine what is going on further testing  of your head like a MRI or Ct Scan to get a better understanding of what is going on.I would think a consult with a neurologist would be in order. I recommend going to see the neurologist with the imaging studies and accompanying radiology reports. This will save time because more than likely the neuro would be ordering one and you will be closer to an answer as to why you are having amnesia.
So to answer the question, I don't think someone with amnesia should be seeing a chiropractor first. Chiropractors treat musculo-skeletal injuries. Amnesia usually involves the brain so seeing a brain doc i.e. neurologist you would be better served.
I hope this helps if you have nay other questions e-mail me again. Have a great day.
Dr Brian McKay

Copyright © Bone Health All Rights Reserved